1424 Palen Ave. – Renovated 4-Bedroom Home
Quality workmanship and stylish renovations thoughtfully blend old with new in this classic 4-bedroom mid-century Alta Vista home on a spectacular over-sized lot.
The dramatic open-concept main floor is bathed in light and features oak hardwood, a new gas fireplace with dramatic floor-to-ceiling surround, walls of windows and new patio doors to the south-facing deck. The new kitchen boasts quartz counters, new appliances and an expansive island perfect for entertaining and family gatherings.
The upper level has four large bedrooms with beautifully restored mahogany doors and two new bathrooms, including an ensuite with walk-in shower.
A sun-filled family room provides direct walkout access to the yard. Busy families will enjoy the convenient powder room and inside entry to the 2-car garage. The lower level rec room is ready for a home gym/home office or fabulous play space. The charming barn door accesses the laundry and excellent storage.
There is loads of fun to be had in the south-facing pool-sized yard.
Enjoy easy access to parks, TOH, CHEO, and easy commuting!
Don’t wait to book a visit!
- Updated exterior colour
- New paved driveway
- New exterior doors and windows (with the exception of bedroom windows)
- New back deck
- Front retaining wall rebuilt
- New garage door opener
- Oversized patio doors to deck
- Expansive fenced backyard
- Roof replaced by previous owner (less than 5 years)
- Open-concept living space
- Quarter sawn and tiger wood oak flooring
- New gas fireplace
- Dramatic floor-to-ceiling fireplace surround
- New picture window
- Custom kitchen by Swedish Door
- New appliances include: LG fridge, Frigidaire stove with induction range, dishwasher, Panasonic built-in microwave/hood fan
- Extra large island with quartz countertop and seating for five
- Quartz countertops and backsplash
- Under-cabinet lighting
- New windows
- New flooring
- Pot lights
- Three new bathrooms
- Ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower
- 5-piece main bath
- Convenient powder room adjacent to the family room
- New Dynamics Coyote Storm vinyl plank flooring
- New windows and door
- Direct access to the south-facing fenced yard
- Original wood panel feature wall
- A bright space with new vinyl flooring
- New hot water tank (owned)
- Barn door separating rec room and laundry/utility room
- New electrical panel
- New LG washer and dryer
- Air conditioner – 2019
- Furnace: 2009
- Freshly painted throughout
- Additional insulation in attic – blown in cellulose
- Restored classic mid century mahogany doors throughout
Why We Love the Neighbourhood:
Many choose to live in Alta Vista because of the proximity to The Ottawa Hospital (General Campus), CHEO, the Ottawa Rehab Centre and the health sciences campus of the University of Ottawa.
Alta Vista is a well-established, centrally-located neighbourhood with a strong community, several schools and community centres. It includes a vast amount of green space with parks and trails.
Residents of the neighbourhood also enjoy living in close proximity to the shops on Bank St., the Glebe, excellent recreation facilities at the RA Centre, the Rideau River, and Carleton University. The neighbourhood affords easy commuting downtown by bike, and commuting by car to just about anywhere in the city.
- Style:Expansive side-split home with family living on 4-levels.
- Garage:2 car attached garage with inside entry
- Basement:Full basement with finished space and excellent storage.
- Lot Size:86.86' x 113.24'
Main Level Dimensions
Foyer: 10'9" x 6'8"
Living Room: 20'3" x 13'1"
Dining Room: 11'9" x 11'1"
Kitchen: 16'2" x 14'1"
Family Room: 24'8" x 12'1"
Powder Room: 12'3" x 12'1"
Second Level Dimensions
Primary Bedroom: 16'7" x 14'7"
3-Piece Ensuite: 5'11" x 5'1"
Bedroom: 17'1" x 9'11"
Bedroom: 12'1" x 9'11"
Bedroom: 12'6" x 12'4"
Full Bath: 8'5" x 6'8"
Lower Level Dimensions
Rec. Room: 25'10" x 13'11"
Laundry: 12'2" x 11'5"
Utility: 12'6" x 10'10"
Garage: 21'4" x 18'4"